Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day #1 - Mimi's Bundles Of Joy! - 4th January 2012


It was really an exhausting but happy afternoon on this special day. Mimi gave birth to two little puppies and when my maid went up to do her chores, well, you guessed it, she was horrified! She cried and called my mum saying that Mimi had given birth and blood was everywhere. My maid was then told to write down the birth timings of the puppies and wait for my mum to return home.


When my mum returned, they both started clearing up and one more little puppy was born. Now this is the best part --->
When my mum and maid wanted to clean up the mess while Mimi is still in labour, Maomao stood defensively in front of her, and growled at my mum and maid as he was protecting Mimi in her labour. Despite his small size, his animal instincts were amazing as we could see that he felt it was right to protect his mate at this point of time.

Maomao showed signs of a newly born and proud father. Just after Mimi was done giving birth, he paced back and forth outside the bathroom where Mimi and her puppies were kept. My maid tried to bring Maomao out for a walk, but he was very hesitant as he still wanted to be there for Mimi. Mimi is still quite defensive towards Maomao from coming close to her precious pups, so Maomao had to be left outside.

When I returned home to see Mimi and to take photos, Maomao was more calmed and went out with us for a walk.... Here are the photos of the puppies on this very special day... Will update more so do stay tuned!